Owner-members in good standing (including those that are fully invested or are current with payments on an installment plan) are entitled to one vote at membership meetings, including elections for the Board. Up to four additional membership cards, for other adult members (18 or older) of the Owner-member’s household (referred to as “Additional Co-op Card Holders”), may be requested.
Owner-member, one per membership number, will:
- Have a voice in governing the Co-op through their elected board of directors
- Receive a year-end patronage dividend of net profits (based on purchases made on the Owner-Member’s member number) at the discretion of the Board, which will consider reinvestment needs and the financial stability of the Co-op
- Entitled to a refund of their equity share at the discretion of the Board after it considers the financial stability of the Co-op
Owner-member and Additional Co-op Card Holders (together “Card Holders”) will:
- Use Membership Card at participating Local Loyalty Program businesses
- Pay 10% less than non-members when shopping on the Online Market. Be sure to register as a Friends & Farmers member shopper.
- Entitled to special promotions and discounts (such as on cases of products)
- Receive free admission or discounts to events such as workshops, farm-to-table dinners, and other sponsored events
- Have access to Co-op facilities for personal and group use at an additional cost (e.g. meeting space, harvest kitchen, etc.)
- Have the opportunity to purchase discounted harvest-season surplus from Co-op suppliers