As Friends & Farmers grows, we are excited to create more jobs in this community: Local jobs, supporting local farmers, building a stronger local food movement!
Online Market Manager
Friends & Farmers Cooperative in State College, PA, seeks a highly motivated Independent Contractor for its Online Market Manager position ("OLM Manager"). Friends & Farmers is start up enterprise raising membership equity to open a physical store in State College, where it will sell food and other goods with a strong emphasis on locally sourced products. As part of the pre-store phase of the business lifetime, the Online Market ("OLM") serves as an intermediary retail outlet providing the public with an additional, convenient option for procuring local foods, including delivery to customers' doorsteps.
The OLM Manager should possess these qualities and skills at a minimum:
- Associate's Degree (Bachelor's Degree preferred)
- Customer Service Oriented
- Meticulous Record Keeping
- Adaptable to Change and Flexible
- Proficiency with Computers including Microsoft Office suite, Google products, and familiarity with customer databases a plus
- Basic Financial Knowledge
- Problem Solver and Process Improver
- Familiarity with food safety issues
- Understanding of local and sustainable food systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- ServSafe certification is preferred but not required
- Applicant must possess a valid driver's license
- Applicant must be able to routinely lift twenty pounds (20 lbs)
Working mainly with a team of volunteers, the OLM Manager will coordinate and oversee the weekly online ordering and fulfillment process for Friends & Farmers. The OLM Manager will periodically consult with and report to the Board of Directors to ensure smooth function of the OLM, including availability for monthly board meetings. This individual will interact extensively with local farms and retail customers to administer numerous processes, including: posting available products online, resolving order/delivery issues, payment and pickup discrepancies and engaging in efforts to promote the OLM and improve its performance.
The OLM Manager position will be funded for thirty (30) hours per week at fifteen dollars ($15) per hour, payable twice monthly. The OLM Manager will be expected to put in extra hours as needed, for example during periods with especially heavy order volume.
Friends & Farmers is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its hiring of contract employees on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. Applicants can inquire for more information about the position or submit a resume and a statement of qualifications, experience and reasons for seeking the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will commence as soon as qualified applications are received.